Saturday, September 20, 2008

They bigger they are...

the harder they fall! This applies to me.
Thursday we had a school-wide skate night. It has been a WHILE since I have donned a pair of skates. Just like riding a bike, right? WRONG!

Things were going okay (I had only fallen once.) when some of the kids decided to form a train or conga line. We had about 4 or five in our train and had even managed to do several laps. We would break up now and then, but would form our train again. Anyway, toward the end, (I didn't know it would be the end.) Bryson was holding on to my back pockets and we were cruising (slowly) around the rink. A little girl grabbed onto him and down we went.

I landed HARD on what I thought was Bryson's skate wheel. My butt was in PAIN. When I finally got up Bryson was holding his arm and crying that no sound comes out cry. You know the one. That is when I realized I landed on his arm! I just KNEW I broke it. There was no way his arm could have survived my fall with the way my booty hurt. I tried to remain calm and get him up as easily as I could. We took off our skates and got in the car. He was holding his arm the entire time. He was being really brave, also.

I called Drew and told him I thought we had a skating injury that might require medical attention. When we got home he had the ice pack and Ace bandage waiting for Bryson. Upon further inspection, we realized his arm was probably not broken just really sore.

The next day he was fine. My butt, on the other hand, still hurts and I have a large bruise forming on my right cheek! (I know, too much information!) Drew did tell me that I better not post any pictures! (No, I didn't TAKE any pictures!)

The funny part was the next day at school. I heard Bryson say, "All my mom's hundred pounds fell on top of my arm!" What could I do but give him a big hug and promise him a sticker! Who ever said that boy doesn't know what he's talking about!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Good Boy Bryson!

I am sorry that your right cheeky is sore! But, the kids really enjoyed you playing with them!

Anonymous said...

He does know what he's talking about...my fear is that Connor would have tagged on another 100! LOL I wish I could have skated. I watched you and it looked like fun, but after my school related door injury (workman's comp? :) I just wasn't able.

Connor's arm was broken for 4 days before I realized it was really broken. Just watch for him to avoid using it and such...he might really have a fracture...not saying it's due to "all your 100 pounds" or anything!

Love ya!