Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Dinner

Okay, everyone who knows me at all knows I HATE to cook. I like to bake, but I HATE to cook. Things don't taste good when I cook. Plus it takes like an hour to cook and everyone eats it in 10 minutes. Then you spend another 30 minutes cleaning up! I can think of so many other things that need to be done in that amount of time. So, I was reading another blog. This person hates to cook, also. She serves her kids small amounts of several different things. This sounded like it was something I could do.

So, beginning yesterday, I decided to approach dinner differently. (This is just on nights when Drew is not here. When he is here, he takes care of dinner. Love you, Sweetie!) I feel good about this new arrangement. Last night the kids ate apples dipped in peanut butter, pretzels, oranges and yogurt. They thought it was great. I ate the same things and I had some celery and Laughing Cow cheese. We got in a couple of servings of fruit that they need and I didn't have to turn on the stove. I also didn't feel bad about letting them have a scoop of ice cream later. Tonight they had boiled eggs (Does this count as cooking?), nectarines, oranges, pretzels, string cheese and milk. Although Bryson informed me that this is not "really a meal," they enjoyed it. I enjoyed it as well and I didn't have a heavy, full feeling afterward. Looks like a plan to me!

Bryson has been working on homework for a while. I am typing this while he is getting in his required 20 minutes of reading. He has the timer set so he doesn't read more than absolutely necessary! He finished his book before the timer went off. After about 10 seconds, I realized what he was doing. He was reading the title of the book over and over trying to "read" until the timer went off! I just told him that I don't think that counts, but he informed me that he is "reading." Too smart for his (or my) own good sometimes!

Yesterday he told me that he couldn't do his homework at school while I was in a meeting. Why not? It HAS to be done at HOME! Again, I am in trouble with this boy! He is so literal sometimes!

I appreciate everyone's prayers today. I felt the Lord working! I had a sense of peace and calmness today. I didn't have that tense, tight feeling in my chest today, so it was a good day! May tomorrow be the same! That tense, tight feeling didn't start until I got home! Just kidding! ;)

Tomorrow is the day I get to sleep in! I get so excited about that extra hour! I may just stay up until 9:00 and watch something on tv tonight!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good plan to me, I mean on the meal fixing, now if I could get Grandaddy to do that. I made a roast Sunday and we have been eating on that so far this week, Went to the center today. Had pretty good meal!
Can't tell any difference in my hearing!! Can't see them but also can't hear any better. They are working or at least on! Will send this blog on to Ava if I'm smart enough.
Love you,
Grandmother